11 April 2007

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007


Well, it’s finally time for the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs. While I was planning on staying up-to-date on the results, I hadn’t been very optimistic about actually being able to watch any Vancouver CanucksDallas Stars games. To my delight I discovered that Versus (formerly OLN) will be airing three of the first four games!!! If necessary, games 5 – 7 will also be broadcast. Three cheers for Versus!

I’m not sure if I’m sufficiently prepared for the emotional highs and lows that comes hand in hand with watching Canucks playoff hockey. It's been quite a while. Last year the Canucks missed the playoffs, and prior to that televised hockey coverage was inexcusably difficult to find. Since tonight’s game starts at 10pm EST, it looks like I won’t be getting very much sleep.

While I’m a big fan of the Canucks I’m far from an aficionado and my knowledge of other NHL teams very meager. Still, what’s playoff hockey without predictions?

Canucks in six.


Now all I need is a Canucks playoff towel. Towel power lives!

Fyi, Versus has its current NHL broadcast schedule up here. Tonight at 7pm EST it’s an Eastern Conference match-up between No. 4 Ottawa Senators and No. 5 Pittsburgh Penguins. I might have to end up watching this series, too. Go Senators!

1 comment:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

The Canucks games have moved to 1040 AM instead of CKNW. So if you want to hear the game broadcasts, it's streamed live on the Internet at http://www.team1040.ca/