Albert Einstein said that 98% of the people in the world can not solve the following puzzle. I have no idea if that’s true, but I’m willing to give Einstein the benefit of the doubt. :o)
I think this puzzle is tough, but fair. It was slow going at first, but once the pieces started fitting it went quickly. I needed 40-45 minutes to solve it [on my ::cough:: first ::cough:: try--kudos to me! ;o)].
So without further ado, on to the question.
The Einstein Quiz: Who has the fish?
- There are 5 houses in 5 different colors.
- In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
- These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
- No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.
- The Brit lives in a red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is on the left of the white house.
- The green house owner drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes
Pall Mallrears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
Problem: Specify who lives in each house, what animals they own, what they drink and what they smoke, and then, by this process, determine who has the fish.
Update: Follow this link only if you want the answer! Solution to The Einstein Quiz.
UPDATE 2: Warning! Answer is posted in the Comments section.