13 April 2007

Game 2--Dallas 2, Canucks 0

I don't get it. This is the Canucks team that topped the Northwest Division?! Watching the Canucks play Game 1 and tonight I would never have guessed it. It's like for 80% of the game they let Dallas take shots at Luongo, and for the remaining 20% they sprinkle in an occasional shot at Turco. Was this their game plan in the regular season?

I was only able to watch one regular season game when the Canucks played the Washington Capitals (Canucks 3, Capitals 2 (SO)). This was before the Christmas break, back when the Canucks were playing a little below (or was it slightly above?) 500 hockey. I think the Canucks played better and had more spark in that regular season game than they have now, in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Depressing.

I can't even give the Canucks the excuse of being exhausted from their 1st game marathon that ran to 4OT--Dallas are in the exact same boat.

Towards the end of the game the Canucks started getting desperate, I guess, but too little too late.

If this worrisome trend continues I don't see the Canucks surviving the first round. :o(

1 comment:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

That was a poorly played game for sure. Well, for the 1st minute of the 1st and 2nd periods. It definitely looks like Dallas wants to win more.

I think the Game 1 really tired out the Canucks and the injuries have affected them. It's not good losing 3 players in the first playoff game.