10 May 2008

Movie Previews

There were some interesting movie previews when I went to see Iron Man. In no particular order:

1) Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. The preview only increased my desire to see this one. I'm looking forward to it. I can't help but smile when I hear the theme song. :o)

2) The Love Guru. This one is either going to be either extremely stupid or very funny, or perhaps a mixture of both. This movie's type of humor looks set to be typical Mike Meyer's fare -- a la Austin Powers.

3) The Happening. Does anyone else thinks this title is stupid? Couldn't they think of anything better? The explanation of the movie's title makes it even more inane. In the preview, a character says,"I can't believe this is happening! (cue music) Dah DUM. The Happening, by M. Night Shyamalan." Eh? Sorry, you mean that wasn't supposed to be funny?

4) The Hulk. The preview actually looked interesting (unlike the previous Hulk incarnation), focusing more on character rather than on a gamma-irradiated giant breaking things. Of course, it was only a preview, so who knows. Anywhoo, as I said it looked interesting; too bad I'm not a Hulk fan - this one is relegated to television broadcast.

There may have been other previews, but I'm drawing a blank.

UPDATE:

Ah hah! I remember now, there was another preview.

5) Batman: The Dark Knight. Ugh. Looks like this movie is featuring a love triangle. Double ugh. I had been looking forward to seeing this in the theaters, but now... not so much. I don't go to see a Batman movie to see kissy kissy love angst. Wangos. Wangos. Wangos. Wangos. I really hope the preview is not indicative of this film's focus. It's probably not. I'm probably worried over nothing. It's only a bad preview. But... wangos, wangos, wangos, wangos.

No comments: