29 May 2008

A Future Car

I'm not trading my R for something new, but I have been musing upon what would be my hypothetical future vehicle. Amidst internal debate between stretching myself financially and getting my "premiere" automobile or living more comfortably within my means, I've come to the conclusion that whatever make it turns out to be... it won't be a Volkswagen or Audi.

Big shock, eh? Well, it's all due to ergonomics. VW and Audi dashboards place their navigation system too low. I'd have to take my eyes off the road in order to look at the navi screen. Extremely poor design on their part. The navigation system should definitely be on top of the dashboard and not below.

In the below picture you get an idea of where the navi is in VW and Audi cars -- in the same location as my radio/CD player. In all the pics I've seen, this inconvenient location is the same for all of their models.

No comments: