02 June 2007

I'm connected!

Wow. It never quite sank in how much time I spend on the computer until mine when kaput. Anywhoo, my old Dell is still getting diagnosed, but I ended up buying a new CPU, today, from Gateway. My last back-up was only a week ago, so today I spent setting things up, installing programs, updating files et cetera.

My new computer has Vista, which is both good and bad. Good, because it looks good; bad because now I have to learn how everything works. Ugh.

Vista is also annoying because some of my programs don't work. My Western Digital Back-up/Restore program is not compatible with Vista, and my MICROSOFT optical mouse doesn't work, either?! Hopefully once I start looking I'll be able to find updated drivers or something.

Oh yeah, I'm *really* glad I had my smartphone. It took me a while to get it to sync with Vista, but luckily all my contacts, appointments and tasks transferred fine. Whew!

3 comments:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

So how old was the old computer? I think I better backup my data....

r32argent said...

It was between 4-5 yrs old. I'm wondering if it's even worth selling (if I repair it). It's still quite good for Office, Outlook, and internet surfing.

Stargazer (original profile) said...

You could always try running a network in your apartment.