01 June 2006

Say it ain't so!

I was reading an article on CNN regarding NHL teams that haven't won the Stanley Cup, yet, or haven't won for a while. I was curious as to how the Vancouver Canucks compared to other NHL franchises. I have mixed feelings about the Canucks' Stanley Cup runs in 1982 and 1994--I was happy we made it to the finals, but I can't be happy that we lost. Despite him being a Canadian, a great player, and an ex-Canuck, to this day I dislike Mark Messier. I dislike him so much, in fact, that I'm not even going to provide a link ;p

Anywhoo, what shocked me was that according to this article the Vancouver Canucks, ignoring 1982 and 1994, have only won four playoff series in 36 years. What's up with that!? Alright, I remember that in the beginning the Canucks weren't exactly stellar, but only four?! This actually dismays me so much that it deserves at least a few more of these: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh well, at least this year the Edmonton Oilers made it to the finals. I'm hoping Edmonton will face off (and beat!) the Buffalo Sabres, this year. I prefer the Sabres over the Hurricanes tonight because I think Buffalo deserves a chance at the Cup more than Carolina.

I don't know why these older Canucks logos aren't loading up like the other pictures, but hopefully it will work if you click the following links:
Canucks 1981-1997, and Canucks 1971-1980.

No comments: