19 January 2007

What I watch

I'd been looking forward to the new season of Monk on USA Network (Fridays, 9pm EST). The episode was titled Mr. Monk Makes a Friend and Adrian Monk attends a hockey game featuring the San Jose Sharks and... the Vancouver Canucks!

I'm not sure if they interspersed clips from a real game, but they had obvious shots of the backs of a couple Canucks jerseys: #1 Roberto Luongo and #7 Brendan Morrison. Unfortunately, in this episode the Sharks won 2-1. Boooo!

Anywhoo, this episode was pretty funny, and like most Monk episodes, I liked it. :o)



Another show I'll admit to watching regularly is Psych, another great series on USA Network (Fridays, 10pm EST). Tonight was the start of its second season, and it was worth the wait. Psych is similar to Monk in that it makes use of the 'quirky' detective character. Here, the main character disguises his amazing observational skills by pretending to be a psychic, solving mysteries along the way. This show is light on the mystery, but heavy on the comedy and laughs.

This Sunday is the series premiere of The Dresden Files on the SciFi Network (9pm, EST). I'm really looking forward to this one because this show is based on a series of novels by Jim Butcher that I absolutely enjoy reading. I'm even willing to fork over the exorbitant bucks to purchase these books in hardcover rather than wait for paperback editions! I hope the series does the books justice.

No comments: