02 January 2007

Happy New Year!

This year I spent New Year's Eve with family. My eldest niece made a valiant effort to stay awake until midnight but ultimately succumbed to blissful REM. She stayed awake much longer than her sisters, though. :o)

I was surprised and dismayed to learn that the city of Vancouver no longer had fireworks for New Years (and Canada Day, too!). It gives the impression that Vancouver is cheap--not very flattering in the run-up to the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Anywhoo, having said that, you've probably guessed the firework photo is not from Vancouver--I found it on the internet and I have no idea how long the link will survive. Enjoy it while you can ;o)

If you want to see some amazing photos, I recommend checking out Stargazer's picture gallery on flickr. He's been taken by the photography bug, and I tend to feel a little inadequate when I see his pics. :o)

No comments: