20 December 2005

Subaru 2006 WRX STI


Wow. Guess what my brother drives? Pretty amazing :o) He picked it up a few days ago and let me take a test drive - Merry Christmas! The STI is very responsive and handles great. The suspension is noticeably stiffer than my R32, but it's not uncomfortable. The clutch is shorter, and the engagement point is less obvious than in my ride, which led to a minor *cough* stalling *cough* incident. I'm just relieved to have made it back to his garage none the worse for the drive. I'd heard/read that the fit and finish of the STI was poor, but I thought it was fine. Of course, not as good as the R32 (rattles, what rattles?).

An unforseen consequence: I now have the extremely strong urge to drive my R32 to Vancouver and drive/park it beside my brother's STI, followed by copious use of my digital camera :o) It can't take that long to drive to the west coast.

No comments: