17 December 2005

Chronicles of Narnia

Today I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was pretty good. I read the book way too long ago for me to remember very much, but seeing the movie has definitely given me the yen to re-read it. The only thing I worry about is if the book would provide an overlong desire to smack Edmund around. By virtue of the movie being only 2-hours, the duration and intensity of my Edmund-smacking desires were strictly limited. I'm not sure how well I would handle having to endure Edmund's early actions for most of a novel.

I wish there was more time for character development of Peter, Susan, and Lucy - their development in the movie was quick and compressed. I enjoyed the climactic battle scenes... it made me want to go back to my Lord of the Ring DVDs and take another look at those.

4 out of stars.

No comments: