12 April 2007

Dallas at Vancouver




Tonight the Vancouver Canucks played their first quarter final match-up against the Dallas Stars. Hurrah! The Canucks defeated Dallas 5-4 in the fourth over-time period. Wow.

To tell the truth, living on the east coast, I had to go to sleep after the 2nd overtime. I'm not sure how the play went afterwards, but based on the part I did watch, I think the Canucks stole this one. I think we were outplayed.

But on to game 2, with the Canucks leading the series 1-0. :o)

1 comment:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

You're right, the Canucks weren't playing their best and I think Luongo could have been better.

The game play in the overtime periods really slowed down--apparently at the end the teams were doing 16 second shifts. They really did look tired. It seemed to be a matter of who would make a mistake and allow a goal first. Actually, in the 3rd overtime, the Sedins started (finally) to put some pressure on Dallas--they just didn't get good chances.

When they finally scored, they were putting on the pressure and made a good goal. Unfortunately, 3 Canucks were injured in the game and may be out for awhile.