23 March 2007

Katie Couric on The Colbert Report

I occasionally watch The Colbert Report; the most recent episode I watched was last night's. The guest was Katie Couric of the CBS Evening News and formerly of the Today. Even though I've never watched the CBS Evening News or the Today I knew who Katie Couric was, and was somewhat aware of the media hype produced when she became the first woman to solo anchor a major network evening newscast.

Anywhoo, not knowing much more than that, I was impressed by Couric's appearance on The Colbert Report. Couric appeared relaxed, never at a loss for words, made jokes and sent zingers right back at Colbert. Colbert's interviews are usually my least favourite part of the show, but that wasn't the case this episode.

Of course, Couric's extensive media experience probably surpasses most guests' so perhaps I shouldn't have been so impressed, but I was. Exactly how impressed was I? Impressed enough to sit right down and make this post, anyway. :o)

3 comments:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

I've got both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report programmed on our PVR. Actually, their popularity must be growing because CTV added them to the schedule a second time: still at the original 12:00/12:30 am time slot but now also at 4:00/4:30pm spot.

I haven't caught up on the all the shows last week yet, but I think there was a Canadian spot on The Colbert Report.

Stargazer (original profile) said...

Here's a 60 Minute interview with Stephen Colbert.

r32argent said...

Thanks for the link. I've always wanted to see/hear Colbert when he's not in character.