10 June 2006

Stop means stop

This morning I witnessed someone completely blow through a four-way stop, probably going more than 20 mph over the limit :o( I don't know whether the driver didn't see me, didn't see the stop sign, or did see but just didn't care. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the latter because this was actually on the NIH campus in Bethesda. With the security and it being a weekend, it's a good chance she works there. That four-way has been there for at least four years.

It took me a few seconds to recover from my disbelief when I saw the driver zoom through the four-way. I'm not sure why this particular incident shocked me so much, though. It's not as if I haven't seen other dangerous drivers doing even more dangerous things. Maybe it's because I was already at a full stop and had time to ponder. Maybe because it happened on the NIH campus. Maybe it's because it was just so blatant. I looked left, right, and started to look left to turn and suddenly the car was there, blowing through the intersection. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know the car missed yours! What a day for Sunday.