15 November 2011

PS3 NHL12

NHL 12 for PS3 has been out for a while, now, and while there have been a some neat improvements, I have to say that despite the improvements over all NHL12 has been more frustrating than NHL11, and not in a good way.

Why is it frustrating (other than the fact that it's too difficult/slow to earn xp as a goalie -- that hasn't really changed from previous iterations)?  In my case, at least, NHL12 for the PS3 has the nasty habit of locking up mid-game, for no rhyme or reason that I can determine.  It doesn't lock up all the time, but just often enough for me that I've put NHL12 on the shelf.

A shame, really, because without this issue NHL12 may have been the best iteration, yet.

A few random proposals for NHL13:

  • Fix the bug with the volume settings.  Every time I load a save file the menu volume settings are reset to default.  Annoying.
  • Get rid of the Verizon (gag) advertising at the start of every BAP game.  Annoying redux.  Even if I were living in the U.S. (where Verizon is located), which I'm not, this unwanted intrusion of an undesired telecom into my home would make me less likely to become their customer.  At the very least, get rid of the vocal.  Ugh.
  • Even if I decide to start a career in the WHL/CHL, I'd still like the option of choosing which team drafts my BAP player.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like to look out good suggestion of atomic for the PS3 NHL12 bad addiction of locking the game, no beat or reason, I can determine. It does not lock up, but generally abundant for me, I've put on the shelf NHL12.