30 October 2010

Sunoco -- I Thought I Knew You

I don't normally go to Sunoco to fill up my R32 (it's been several months) but today I stopped at one that's very conveniently located.  To my surprise I couldn't find any Ultra 94.  I walked around to look at the other pumps but, no... no more Ultra 94.  A worker stepped outside to see if I needed help, but unfortunately the language barrier was such that I gave up on obtaining an answer to what had happened to the Ultra 94.

I was going to settle for Premium 91... but then I realized that this location no longer accepted payment at the pump.  Not so convenient for a gas station with a sign that says "Convenience Store", eh?

Anywhoo, these two strikes put me in a state of minor pique -- Sunoco was no longer Sunoco -- I  promptly decided I didn't really need to get any gas then and there, and at that location. 

It was only afterward that I wondered whether the lack of Ultra 94 gasoline was specific to that Sunoco location, or a signal of things to come associated with the merger of Sunoco and Petro-Canada.

No comments: