24 August 2008

Stupid Commercials on DVDs

I was watching my Avatar: The Last Airbender (Nickelodeon) DVDs when I was reminded of something I find highly moronic, useless, worthless, irritating, idiotic... well, you get the point. So what is it that irks me so? Let me give an example.

Some DVDs include ads and previews in addition to the main feature, right? Well, there I was, watching a commercial for the Avatar DVDs on my... Avatar DVD. Yes, you are correct. Nickelodeon put a commercial for a product on a product that I had already purchased. They put the commercial on the product that the commercial was advertsing for!?

I've already paid for the bleepin' thing -- why in all that's sane would Nickolodeon even imagine that I'd want or need to see a commercial for something I already bought?!

This wasn't something in the "special feature" section, either. This devilish commercial was run immediately after all that copyright jumbo that you're forced to watch. It felt like several agonizing minutes before the DVD let me escape to the main menu.

Annoying and frustrating.

3 comments:

Danny said...

I just got into Avatar on Nick. Cool program....

r32argent said...

Yeah, I'm sorry the show's ended.

I've heard there's going to be a live action movie coming out directed by M.Night Shyamalan.

Danny said...

I heard that also. Should be a good movie.

I was visiting my family down in Florida earlier this summer and my nephew had left the television on Nick. Avatar came on for some kind of marathon and I was hooked.

I think the movie is going to be called just Airbender.....