28 May 2008

Yea or Nay

Currently I'm debating whether to go to the 28th Herndon Festival (29 May - 1 June) in Virginia. It's 30+ miles away, and supposed to draw around 90,000 people each year.

How did I hear about this festival, and why am I considering attending? Well, I received an e-mail informing VW Club members that VW is the title sponsor of the Festival (fyi VW recently moved their North American HQ from Michigan to... you guessed it... Herndon, VA) and will be handing out free goodie bags to anyone who shows them a VW key fob.

I have no idea what's in the goodie bag - I assume nothing extravagant - and monetarily I'm sure it won't even come close to the cost of gasoline, but nevertheless I'm still thinking about going.

What's making me hesitant is that I'm not fond of crowds, and to make it worse parking will be limited. To take the Festival shuttle bus, I'd have to park in some crowded, cramped lot just begging to be dinged.

Ugh. I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel closer to the day, and see what the weather's like.

No comments: