07 July 2007

Springfield comes to Maryland

My brother's attendance at the grand opening of his local Kwik-E-Mart (Kwik-E-Mart opens in Canada) inspired me to visit the Kwik-E-Mart in my neck of the woods on the poorer side of town. I left relatively early, hoping to miss weekend/holiday traffic, and was mostly successful except for the accident that cost me 20 minutes to drive 0.3 miles.

The anticipation of getting there was much more exciting than the store itself, I have to say. As soon as I walked through the doors I felt a little deflated. I couldn't seem to maintain the same level of enthusiasm over a redecorated 7-Eleven. I bought the obligatory sprinkled donuts, a can of Buzz Cola and left. Still, with the mostly pleasant drive it was a worthwhile trip.

On a side note, I'm really happy with my Magellan Roadmate 2200T. It would be true of any navigation unit, I suppose, but having it certainly gave me confidence to take the first exit I could, instead of crawling my way through backed-up traffic, and know I'd still be able to arrive at my destination.

No comments: